Skip to main content

Top 5 Activities for 5 year olds

     I have a little brother; his name is Max. He is 5 years old and can be really annoying sometimes. But what I’ve noticed over the years is that he’s only bothersome when he is bored. That’s why I’ve decided to make a list of things that I normally do with my little brother to keep him entertained. Hopefully this can help you if you have a sibling or child who can be a handful at times.

1.Watch some cartoons

Image result for kids watching cartoons     My little brother loves watching cartoons. He can watch shows for hours on end. Plus, with most modern kid shows your child will learn something in the process. These shows teach your kids things like the alphabet and basic spelling, so letting your child watch a show every now and again isn’t so detrimental as people make it out to be. Best of all is that you can do whatever you need to get done while watching them out of the corner of your eye. I always do this when I want to cook something or write without my little brother interrupting. In fact, that’s what I’m doing right now. Some shows that my little brother loves are…
  • The Magic School Bus Rides Again. This show from everyone’s childhood was recently remade in higher quality with nicer images. This show will teach your child about everything from how volcanoes work to what planets are in our solar system.
  • ·    Masha and The Bear. This is a cute kids show where Masha is always up to mischief but gets stopped by the bear.
  • ·    PJ Masks is another great show that all kids love to watch. This show teaches kids life lessons about friendship and caring for your siblings.
  • ·    Avatar the last Air Bender is hands down my little brother’s favorite show. It has lessons about responsibility and friendship, but beware since this show has its fair share of violence.
  • ·    Super Why is a kids show that tells traditional kids stories like Jack and The Beanstalk just with characters from their show.

Image result for children at a home depot workshop 2. Participate in a workshop

     Many hardware stores such as Home Depot offer child workshops were you can go with your child for free and they can build something. Whatever they build they get to keep. It's funny because my little brother always tries to build the same thing,a full size house but he never really succeeded so we built a miniature house using glue and Popsicle sticks. If I do a tutorial on how to do it, I will leave a link here.

3. Go to a Library

     Going to a library can be tons of fun for you and your child. In the kid's section there are hundreds, if not thousands of cute children's books. Let your child pick out a book they would want you to read to them and read it. Since they picked it out they are sure to listen. This will vastly improve their language skills and teach them that reading is fun. Let them read some of the easier words so that they can practice their reading skills. If they don't get the word, help them by pronouncing the sounds together. Afterward select some books to borrow for home and get yourself a great book to read in your down time.

Image result for mom and young daughter dancing4.Throw a Dance Party

     Throw your child a fun little dance party. Just you and them. Turn on some fun music like Gummy Bear or goofy goober from Sponge bob and they'll  have a blast. They'll dance and you will see the absolute cutest dances ever. Maybe you can even show them some of your own moves like the Chicken dance. Simply have fun!

5.Setup a Playdate

     Kids love playing with their friends. And I bet they have asked you to let their friend come over at least once. So one thing to do with them to make them thrilled is setup a play date for them with their best friend. They can do simple activities together, like drawing or playing with their toys but it would be so much more fun for the sole reason that their friend is there doing it with them. Plus it really isn't that hard to do. Call your child's best friend's mom to make sure that she is okay with it, order a pizza, and let them play!

     That's it for now, I hope to see you on my next post. Later!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to PostedbyPaul

     Hey guys. It's me PostedbyPaul. This is my first post on my blog. This is super exciting since I've never done anything like this before, but I'm super hyped to see what comes out of it. I'm a twelve year old boy from Brooklyn, NY, currently attending the Bay Academy. All my friends have interests in sports and designer clothing, but I don't really care much for that. I'm more like a do it yourself kind of guy. I like fishing, cooking, knitting, computers and writing. Though I have quite few hobby’s the ones I do have I'm really passionate about. I also consider that I have a large amount of knowledge about these topics for my age. And that's why I started up my blog. To teach others about the things I love while expressing myself. I also hope to make some new friends that share the same interests as me. That's it for now, I hope to see you on my next post. Later!

Fishing Essentials

Fishing is a great sport that has a huge community. It's like knitting; difficult and gritty at times but will give you great satisfaction once you catch something. So let's say that you want to get into fishing, but you can't since you don't know how or even what you really need to start. ;That's exactly why I'm making this series. To help beginners really start out and learn how to fish. This is Part 1 of a multi blog series.So I hope you enjoy and let's get right into it. What you Need to Know Fishing is not as complex, nor is it as easy as it could sometimes seem. What you need to know though is that your fishing experience completely depends on where you live. If you live next to a lake in New Jersey you will be doing freshwater fishing.If you live in the Arctic then you will be doing ice fishing. If you live in California you will be doing ocean fishing. If you live in Kansas with no lake around for a hundred miles, you won't be doing fishing.